Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Flirting with Disaster

So, I met this guy back in say February or March. He transferred to my store and from the moment I saw him, I was like... WHO is THAT? And of course, he needed help logging in and stood very close to me and for the first time ever, I felt sparks. Now, to my dismay, I found out he was married. As time went on, we talked a lot, I found out his marriage was not a very happy one. To me this changes nothing. He is still unavailable... Then bad news comes, I am leaving the store! Don't worry I got a job within the company lol!

Well, a month or two later, a friend who still worked at the store and I go out to a Balloon and Wine Festival. Well, we discuss said guy and she says, "Oh did you hear? He left his wife!" I of course was a little happy, lol. I jokingly (ok maybe not so jokingly) say, "Hey you should give him my number!" Well, she did. He called me a month later. Conversation starts normal. He tells me his woes, I am understanding, a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen. The we decide to hang out, just watch some movies. We hang out like once a week, sometimes twice a week. Things progressively get better. He spends the night at my place, I spend the night at his... etc etc etc.

Being the woman that I am, I begin to fall in love. He really is a great guy. Very complimenting, randomly and politely. Very attentive - we text approx 100-200 texts a day. Very positive. Very open and honest. Loves my cooking, gets along with my son, and thinks I am hot and that the hotest part of me is my BRAIN! Its great... RIGHT?

WRONG!!! Just as things get to the GREAT level... the ex comes down with e-coli!!!! And it's not responding to treatment! Kidneys failing... Docs mention making a will.

THEN... when they finally get the e-coli under control... they find CANCER! Are you f-ing kidding me right now???? OMG.

So, now, the man of my dreams is busy with the ex taking her to doctor appointments. Which as I mentioned is part of why I love this man (yes I said the L word). Caring and attentive. I fully understand that he still cares for her. Theirs was not a bad separation, they just aren't IN LOVE with each other anymore, they still have love for each other though. And in my head, I am sad for two reasons.
1. My poor friend. His ex may be dying and this is the worst time for it to happen. With the split and everything, talk about double the heartache!
2. For us... we have no time for each other... well seeing each other... we still text like crazy. If his ex passes on, her kids - whom she is leaving to him, will HATE me...

HOW IS THIS EVER GOING TO WORK???

Some of my friends say - cut your losses. It's over. I tried to do it, and even explained to him, my major feelings for him and that I just don't want to get hurt. I will stay his friend no matter what!

Some friends say - if you care that much for him and he cares for you, stick it out! This is what some of the best relationships are made of - overcoming adversity.

Well, as I continue to try to pull away, I notice him pulling me to stay. He tells me we can work through this. He still calls, still texts. And in fact, asked if he could come over tonight and watch movies and chat. My mind is swirling. My heart is pounding. I feel like CRAP. And I find myself unable to cut the emotional cord yet. I logically think this is going to end in a LOT of pain to my already bruised and battered heart. But my bruised and battered heart does NOT want to let go and still can't stop thinking about him.

No comments: