Thursday, October 16, 2008

The age old question: Will you help me? - Resumes!

I have been trying for the past year to start a resume writing business. Since I can remember, my friends and family have asked me to help write, re-write or completely DO their resume. I have the gift of gab and pen! So, first I tried making a lame old Mi Espacio (My Space) page trying to drum up business. Asking all of my friends to add me. Telling them to pass on the word. Adding random people that requested me.

Didn't do one bit of good.

Of course, the requests to help others still come in. In fact, said guy from yesterday's blog got a call from Sony today. He has a friend that works for them and got the hook up for an interview. Buuuut his resume looked list a$$. And of course, I said ok. It took me about one hour and 45 minutes. It never really takes me that long. My own did. But come on, for free, you are getting a resume that will get you an interview not make you look like a rockstar!

About three weeks ago, I found out that on microsoft live small business, you can get a domain name for free for one year. I was like perfect! If I still suck at drumming up business, I will just cancel it, no money out of pocket. Well, I told all my friends, asked everyone to pimp me out. Aaaaaand NOTHING. But more requests to help THEM...

Well, anywho, if you are in the market for a new job or know someone who is...

http://daphnesproservices.com

1 comment:

@Dayngr said...

If you're interested in drumming up business my suggestion would be spreading the word via new media. If you're interested, I can help. We're already connected on twitter so let me know. It's what I do.

@Dayngr