Thursday, July 30, 2009

Julie & Julia--- THE BOOK

So, I JUST finished reading the Julie & Julia book and I have to say WOW! Not only do I love to read, but I love food. There is no way possible I can even begin to imagine cooking that many new recipes with such crazy ingrediants for an entire year... and all that butter! Holy CRAP. The book was hilarious and I found myself laughing when Julie laughed and gritting my teeth when Julie did, luckily I did not burst into tears or curse like a sailor when Julie did or I might get fired (I like to read on my breaks and at lunch). I often laughed when those things happened in the book. The ending nearly brought me to tears... nearly. Oh I just didn't want the book to end, so I am blogging about it and found Julie here on blogspot so I can continue to follow her and feel like it's not over. It was quite intense to follow someone else life for a year of it.
On August 16th, some of the members of my Foodies Group are going to go see the movie. I just wonder if the movie will stray far from the book... I hope not... because this book was amazing!

No comments: