Thursday, November 6, 2008

Product Review: Reduced Fat White Cheddar Cheez-It

Now, this is the second box of these fabulous baked snack crackers that I have bought. We all read reduced fat and it translates to "tastes like cardboard." Not the case here! I sit in my cube daily with the temptation of going down to the second floor to the vending machines to get a snack. I was so used to jobs where I was very active that when I got my first "office" job, I put on maybe 10-15 pounds. I HATE 10-15 pounds. So, I headed to my local Vons supermarket and got the standard staples. Unsalted almonds, 100 calorie packs of this and that, some granola bars etc. As, I was walking towards the popcorn, there it was. Calling to me. I love Cheez-Its any how, so I bought my first box. I was sold on the first cracker! They are so rich in flavor and cheesy, you have no clue that you are eating something that is reduced fat! My 12 year old son wanted some - not seeing the Reduced Fat sign on the box - and he loved them. I showed him the box later and he was amazed. I even have a coworker who refuses to eat any of my so called "healthy"snacks, but I tricked her the other day and handed her some. She loved them and as soon as she said that, I grabbed the box to show her. Now she is going to buy some for her office! The serving size says 25 crackers, but there is no way I could eat 25 of these at once, which means I am maybe eating half the calories, fat, etc listed on the below nutrition label. I am totally sold on this snack and will now keep a box of these tasty crackers at my cube at all times. If you want more information on this product or any other Cheez-It brand product head over to http://www.cheez-it.com/

3 comments:

Christi S said...

Sounds good! I wondered how they tasted!

Annette said...

all right lame-o. Go read my blog. You have been given a Lemonade Blogging Award. Though I guess not because your blog since you haven't posted anything in at least 2 months! But because I love you.

The exact link is: http://nannermusingsdujour.blogspot.com/2008/12/she-thinks-i-make-lemonade.html

Unknown said...

Had some at lunch today. They are superb!